16 kwietnia 2009

I had a dream part 2

1. Race. When I watch movies with my friends we often comment on them, and who we think is hot and good looking. And more than 90% of the time I say that is the actor or the actress, as many people would say "of color". Like being white is not a color. Like they are something different.And I think hey, butterflies have many different colors on their wings and somehow they are still butterflies. And we're White, Black, Red, Yellow. We're Afro people, Indian people, Latino Asians and Whites. And I, subconsciously, keep judging "whites", keep judging myself - for all the pain we caused others, for all the fake superiority many whites feel, for having a ku klux clan and for changing everything we see into what we see fit. I like to think of myself as colorful - cause when I start thinking about myself as white I feel inferior. Because history shows how much we resorted to violence, to war, to strenght, to our animal instincts. But I'll talk about that later. And I think we're humans, we are a lil superior to animals in that we were given a brain, ability to think - and somehow with us it's still about survival of the fittest. And that's stupid. And that's low.And when I meet people (mostly outside Poland, because inside it's really difficult to find other races) I see no difference. Just a skin color, which is like clothes only more attached to us - but it's not who we really are. And everytime I meet a person that's rasist I feel like crying. Because that's something I cannot comprehend. Because that's one of the few things that I think is wrong.And I addmit I fell more easily for non-white people. But that's a matter of taste. Not of anything else. And I don't find caucasian people worse, they just don't appeal to me.And In my dream there was no distinction like that. It didn't matter what was a person's skin color. Because we were all humans. I don't think we all are yet.-------------------

Brak komentarzy: